Hello! We’re back at work and preparing for a busy year ahead. If one of your resolutions happens to be spend more time reading with the kids, then I have just the list for you.
The following books have terrific illustrations, repetitive and rhythmic text and are enjoyed by children of a variety of ages and developmental stages. Better yet, they are widely available and if not already a feature of your bookshelves, can be loaned from your local library.
1. Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell
2. I Went Walking by Sue Williams
3. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
4. Who Sank the Boat by Pamela Allen
5. We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Helen Oxenbury
6. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin and Eric Carle
7. Where’s Spot? by Eric Hall
8. Mr Grumpy’s Outing by John Birmingham
9. Oh Dear! by Rod Campbell
10. Good Night, Sleep Tight by Mem Fox